A while back, I wrote about my Top 5 Promises of God. It regularly shows up in my stats as a page people find while searching the internet for stuff. I’m going to be preaching this weekend and again on October 24/25, so I’ve decided to revisit the promises in more depth.
My Joshua Men’s Group got together this past Saturday at Panera Bread to study Hebrews 6:13-20. The section in the NIV is titled “The Certainty of God’s Promise.” We got into a discussion about which 5 promises we would pick to hold onto. I’ll be sharing mine over the next week or so.
It was hard to pick just 5 as my favorites. I searched online and through my Bible software and came up with a list of about 35-40 that immediately jumped out at me. I narrowed that list down to 10, then ranked them. Honorable mention goes to the following:
- Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
- 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
- John 11:25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies;
- Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
- Psalms 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.
The Top Five: