Jaime pointed out in the comments on my 500th post (which I posted about an hour ago) that today is also our anniversary. One of the reasons for biting the bullet on the 500th post is to get an anniversary post up. 🙂
So today marks nine years of married life together for us. It’s been a wonderful ride for us so far and we look forward to many more in the future. I’ve now spent 28% of my life married to Jaime and another 11% dating. That’s almost 40% of our life together. It’s amazing to think about.
There are so many things I’m thankful for about Jaime that they are too numerous to go into here. Just a small sampling of those include:
- She understands me (and still likes me!).
- She moved to Texas with me when it meant seeing our family only a couple times a year at best.
- She laughs and jokes with me.
- She makes me a better person.
- She encourages me.
- She sacrifices for me.
- She gave up her teaching career to follow me to Buffalo, where we weren’t able to find a teaching position.
- She gives her all to being a great Mom to Addison.
- She walks with me in ministry.
- She helps me keep my priorities straight.
I could keep going on, but I won’t. It’s enough to say that I’m so thankful to God for giving me Jaime. What a wonderful blessing she has been to me and so many others over her lifetime. Addison and I are better for having Jaime as Mom and Wife.