We had a great weekend celebrating Mother’s Day. My mom came in from Cleveland, plus my sister was here from Oregon. Some of the fun things we did:
- Mom and I saw Star Trek. Great movie, not unlike what Batman Begins did for the Batman series. I really dig the fun new feel of Star Trek and already can’t wait for the sequel to come out.
- We played On The Dot. It’s a spacial thinking game where you have to line up the dots on clear plastic sheets to match a picture on a card. There are only 4 dots per sheet and 4 total sheets, but it’s a lot harder than you’d think. I did really well at first, then quickly lost the hang of it.
- Hiked down the escarpment with Mom and Jaime (Judi was gone to a wedding in Pittsburgh for Saturday afternoon/evening) to see Devils Hole. It was a good climb with a nice payoff at the end. There used to be water flowing through the cave into the Niagara River, but has been “dry” for quite some time. I say “dry” because there’s still a tiny trickle that comes through the hole in the ceiling.
- Played some Ticket to Ride and Imaginiff. I won Ticket to Ride. It was my only win for the weekend. Jaime won most of the games we played.
- Went to lunch at Applebee’s to celebrate Mother’s Day. We waiting until Monday to avoid the crowds.