Happy Birthday To Me
I’m about to head to bed and wrap up my actual birthday, though we will actually be celebrating a few days late because of the Sawmill Creek retreat I was on. Here are a few highlights of the day:
- Darcy and the youth got me Lost and Found’s Speedwood Hymns CD. It’s old favorites with the Lost and Found flavor added in.
- Mom and Jaime had a birthday party for me with the youth at my mom’s house, where we stopped for dinner on the way home from Sawmill.
- Instead of candles on a cake, I got to blow out a single candle in a Chipotle Burrito. Man those burritos are yummy! 🙂
- Addison gave me her first card.
- Jaime is taking me shopping to get an iPhone accessory, which continues my tradition of owning an accessory before the actual piece of equipment. The last one was a Wii Backpack that Jaime got me for Christmas, approximately 6 weeks before I got a Wii.
- Jaime and I are headed to Outback for my birthday dinner.
I look back at the last year and realize a lot has changed since I wrote about turning 31. Most notable, Addison entered our life and changed our world forever. She was alive for my last birthday, we just didn’t know it. It was actually on March 17 that we found out about Addison. Jaime told me about it at Applebee’s. Fun memory.
Lots of other things changed I’m sure, but none so amazing as Addison. It was fun to have her with us for this birthday, her first family birthday party. I’m looking forward to many more with her.