Famine 2009: Taste and See
We had our first planning meeting for the 2009 Famine last night. Ian prepared a great dinner for us and then we looked at what to do with the Famine. A few significant pieces from that meeting include:
- Our theme verse: Psalm 34:8-10 (ESV)
8 Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him! 9 Oh, fear the Lord, you his saints, for those who fear him have no lack! 10 The young lions suffer want and hunger; but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.
- We’re getting rid of the “community” event on Friday evening. We decided it actually hurt what we’re trying to do with the famine.
- We’re moving TRIBE games to Friday night in the time slot that the community event used to organize.
- There’s more free time overall, mostly on Friday. We want kids to really get to know one another from the start instead of waiting until the afternoon on Saturday.
- We’re going to try doing service events as a TRIBE.
- We’ll be adding a special event that’s not open to the community and geared more specifically at the Famine participants on Saturday afternoon.
We’re also shooting for 100+ students this year. We’re opening it up to more churches in the area than ever before in the hopes of reaching more students.