Football as I See It: Week 4
My thoughts about Football and the things that “interrupt” it from Week 4 in the NFL:
- Missed the first half of the 1 o’clock games because of a Workcamp Meeting.
- Got home to find the Jets up big at the half over the Cardinals. How in the world did that happen?
- Kurt Warner and the Cards came out firing in the 2nd half. This is why you don’t go soft on defense. Ever. Prevent defenses are dumb.
- Speaking of Kurt Warner, he’s got to be one of my favorite football players. He’s a strong Christian and sounds like a great dad. Check out one of his family traditions. (NY Times via Peter King)
- The 1-3 Browns struggled to beat an awful 0-4 Bengals team. I wasn’t really in favor of starting Brady Quinn, but maybe it’s time after all. And Romeo Crenell needs to learn how to be decisive.
- Went to the Stone household for the Bills game. Pam commented about my experience with the Morris family and football, specifically the lunch, lamenting that she didn’t have anything to offer in comparison. Turns out “nothing” was actually cheese, pepperoni, crackers, chips, salsa, melted cheese dip, peanut M&Ms and unsweetened iced tea. Yum. 🙂
- Why do the Bills have to start slow all the time?
- They always look great in the 2nd half though. Good adjustments and a little more aggressive on the play-calling it seems.
- Interesting conversation with Pam and Tim during the game. We talked about possibly adding a once/month time for our High School youth to just come to church and hang out. We’d have the students do some sort of devotion, taking turns who leads it, then just have unstructured time. Maybe it’s also a time for parents to come hang out and get to know one another as well. The relational investment may just help our other ministry events that much better. We’re going to look for a time to try it out soon and see where it goes.
- I loved seeing Greer intercept that pass and take it back for a TD. I have the Bills defense on my Fantasy team. Unfortunately, it looks like another loss unless Hines Ward has a monster game this evening.
- I also loved the Trent Edwards to Lee Evans 39-yard strike. Awesome.
- We also watched the tail end of the Dallas/Washington game. I’m so happy to see Dallas lose. Maybe the ‘72 Dolphins will be toasting the Buffalo Bills whenever our first loss occurs. Except they appear not to actually do that. The Bills are one of 5 undefeated teams with the possibility of one (Ravens) going down this evening.
- Returned home around 7:30 p.m. and set about helping Jaime with some baby stuff. She was writing thank-you notes for our recent shower, so I moved the stuff upstairs as she finished and put the handles on our new dresser. Check out some of the stuff:
- The finished dresser, first piggy bank, first doll and Mommy/Daddy/Baby photo frame:
- A close-up of the same stuff:
- 12 Month dress/sweater and 24 Month shirt/jeans outfits. Two of many cute articles of clothing received at the shower:
- Closed the night with the last few episodes of The Office from Season 4. We’re now caught up with the show. As Jaime drifted off to sleep, I turned on the last portion of the Eagles/Bears game. Looked good, but I was also too tired to stay up so we went to bed.