Football as I See It: Week 3
Spent the first half of the afternoon at the Passage household with Sue, Jim and Kathy watching the Bills, then came back home to get some cleaning done for the Baby and watch parts of the Sunday night game. Here’s what I thought:
- Great lunch today. Thanks!
- Marshawn Lynch was running awfully slow for most of the game.
- His acrobatic touchdown was cool though.
- The Raiders were better than expected.
- Trent Edwards is going to be a really good QB some day.
- Jason Peters needs to get his act together on pass blocking.
- I heard a caller on the post-game show say something similar to what I felt when Oakland scored their long TD to go back up by 9 points late in the 4th. I knew the Bills could come back from this deficit still. And they did. How long has it been since Buffalo fans could say that?
- Speaking of “how long has it been…”, did Miami really just thump the Patriots or was that a staged game? Imagine all those Pats fans leaving the game early.
- Listened to football post-game talk while cleaning our back room, the place we store stuff we don’t know what to do with and all of our books. Note to people who have too much stuff: have a baby. It’s suddenly a lot easier to get rid of stuff when it’s making room for the baby. We actually have empty space on the book shelves now from all the books we got rid of.
- Philadelphia looked awesome in the tail end of their game with Pittsburgh.
- The Browns are 0-3. I can’t ever see myself rooting for the Bills as my #1 team over my hometown Browns, but maybe I should. It’s going to be tough to decide who to root for at the Monday night game when the Browns come to town to play the Bills. Browns will likely be done for the season by that point, while Buffalo could be chasing the division title.
- I love watching highlights on the “Football Night in America” show. Keith Olberman and Dan Patrick are funny. Cris Collensworth is insightful. Tiki Barber and Jerome Bettis are great. Peter King is awesome. Good stuff.
- Dallas/Green Bay was not very exciting for most of the first half. Just as I told Jaime we could turn The Office on DVD instead, Jones breaks a long run. Still, more fun to watch The Office with Jaime than Football alone, so it’s all good. 🙂
- Caught the last quarter of the game as Jaime snoozed on the couch with me. The Cowboys looked really good, especially Barber, despite his fumble. He’s a scary, physical back.
- My Fantasy season is pretty much over. 2-10 across 4 leagues currently. Ick.