Football as I See it: Week 1
Some of my thoughts from the NFL games this Sunday as I watch them:
- The Bills defense is surprisingly good.
- Trent is looking much better this year.
- The Fox announcers assigned to the Bills are sub-par.
- Loved the Burger King “reverse pickpocket” commercial. “Stunt King. Do not attempt.”
- Fake field goal was brilliant.
- Brett Favre is looking good in his debut with the Jets.
- Browns defense thinks it’s still the preseason.
- T.O. made an amazing catch on the opening drive.
- Mannings vs. Williams in the DSRL was a great commercial.
- Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are the best commentators in football. Funny to hear them tell the back stories of the Browns prefaced by “in case you didn’t know”. Most people probably don’t, but it’s funny for me who does.
- The Browns excel at giving up yardage in large chunks.
- They also seem to excel at losing helmets.
- All reports are pointing to Tom Brady being out for the year. That puts my fantasy teams in an awful spot, but puts the Bills in serious contention for the division title.
- The balance of power in the AFC was really upset yesterday. Indy, San Diego, Jacksonville all lost. New England lost their star QB, making them a 9-7 or 8-8 team. Crazy weekend.