I’m looking for ways our Remix Students (6th-8th grade) can be a blessing to our church family. We’re going to try a Mystery Meal for the congregation. Here’s how it works:
- Church members sign up for a pre-scheduled dinner time (say, Sunday the 31st at 6 p.m.). They don’t know who they will be eating with, only that they have dinner scheduled.
- Remix students and families sign up to host the dinners.
- The meals are prepped by the youth on the Thursday before the dinner for oven-cooking and portioned to serve 7-9 people.
- Youth receive their invite list and call to invite their guests to dinner.
- There is a conversation piece that comes with each dinner to help people get to know one another.
A significant portion of the church would be having dinner together, all at the same time, but we’d all be meeting in homes. It would be an opportunity for people to get to know some new people and make some good connections. Can’t wait.