Home at Last
After 9 hours in the vans, we made it home around 7:30 p.m. last night. It was a fun welcome home with everyone standing outside waving, cheering and smiling. The signs that Pam brought were a nice touch too. I’m thankful for these opportunities to minister to and with our youth, but I’m also thankful to be home. Some of the things I’ve missed while I was gone:
- Good coffee. I went without for the week at Workcamp because it tasted so awful there. Sippin’ on some brew from Ebenezer’s right now.
- My bed.
- No lines for the bathroom.
- My kitties.
- Time with no one talking.
- Sitting and relaxing with no schedule for the day.
- First Trinity. I’ve now missed 4 consecutive Sundays at FT because of vacation and Workcamp. I’m ready to be back at worship with my faith family this coming weekend!