Be Seen, Be Heard, Be Hungry
That’s the theme for the 30 Hour Famine this year. We’re excited to be hosting the entire famine event this year, including the closing worship and dinner. I’m also excited about some big developments for the 2008 Famine:
- The Jesus Painter and Marc Scibilia will be here on Friday evening. It’s open to the community and costs $6/ticket ahead of time, $8 at the door. Call 835.2220 for tickets or visit the church office or Life Resources.
- There are currently six churches participating with three more on the fence. We had four churches last year.
- There are almost 60 participants signed up in total, up from about 30 last year.
- First Trinity has 12 confirmed youth, up from 3 in 2006 and 5 in 2007. I expect a few more to sign up before the deadline on February 3 as well.
- We’re offering a 30 day “continuing the famine” devotional booklet to all participants. We’re trying to develop the habit of feeding on the Word regularly as part of the famine.
I’m praying God will use the Famine in big ways this year!