- 93% of youth are online
- 94% of their parents are online
- 88% of teens think tech devices make their lives easier
- 69% of parents say the same
- In 2004, 67% of parents said the internet has been a good thing for their children. In 2007, only 59% say the same
- 65% of parents report checking what websites their children viewed while online
- 74% can correctly identify whether or not their teen is involved in social networking sites like MySpace or Facebook
I’m going to be teaching a class on parenting the internet generation for St. John’s Lutheran School‘s Parent Teacher League in January. I’m interested in what topics parents would like to know more about in this area. Leave your suggestions below in the comments. I’ll periodically be blogging about this topic up until the class, so look for more updates in future weeks. All entries will be tagged with “CyberParent” for easy searching. Questions you have or resources you’ve found helpful are both beneficial to me!